If you are the kind of person who suffers endless pain with a toothache of getting it extracted by a Tempe dentist or feel anxious about going to the dentist, then sedation dentistry might be for you. Sedation dentistry will alleviate your anxiety and fear. This type of dentistry involves simple procedures and invasive methodology. The type of sedation dentistry in Tempe that will be applied to you depends on the fear’s severity.
Levels of Sedation
The following levels of sedation allow dentists to customize their sedation dentistry experience to the patient’s needs:
- Inhalation sedation. During the treatment, the patient inhales nitrous oxide through a breathing mask, leaving them awake; however, completely relaxed. This is suitable for those who experience some anxiety during a dental visit but need just a light sedation level.
- Oral sedation. Medication in the form of pills is taken before your visit that provides various levels of relaxation, from minimal to moderate. Oral sedation is a great option for people who require multiple treatments during one visit and may need a deeper and longer sedation level.
- IV sedation. This form of sedation is administered by controlled IV. It will keep you comfortably sleep during your visit. By the time you wake up, the procedure has been completed and you will have no memory of your treatment. This is the best option if you have profound dental anxiety or need extensive dentistry.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry offers the following benefits:
- Comfort. Sedation dentistry lets you experience the most comfortable trip to your dentist. You will weak up feeling rested after the treatment. As a result, you will always look forward to your next visit.
- Savings. Because you can relax and remain comfortable, your dentist can work for a long amount of time and complete several treatments in one visit. Without having to visit the dentist many times will save you both money and time.
Sedation Dentistry for Kids
Sedation dentists will give sedation to children if they are terrified of the dental procedure. Children are often administered with nitrous oxide because it is safe. Also, any dentist can administer it. Oral sedation is a safe procedure when given in the recommended doses for the age and weight of the children.
Some people in Tempe believe that sedation during dentistry is only for people with dental anxiety. However, this is not the case. Anyone can be sedated during nearly any procedure. Just ask your sedation dentist about your options.