If any of you or your family is planning to go for invisible braces and Invisalign then it is necessary to take good care of it and in this article, we shall discuss about the same briefly.
In order to take care in both these cases, a lot of commitment is required so that your braces and inside the mouth can be healed quickly. Invisalign Dentist can also offer you advice to take necessary care.
In order to take Invisalign treatment, it is necessary to wear removable aligners that are replaced and resized every 2 weeks.
As they are normally removable, therefore it is very important to keep aligners, teeth very clean and must be well cared throughout the treatment in order to make sure you get best results.
Invisible and clear braces are quite similar to any kind of traditional braces, but it is necessary to use a strong transparent or any white plastic instead of metal brackets with a wire.
Few tips to look after the Invisalign aligners
During your treatment, it is very important to keep all your aligners perfectly clean so that you can avoid build-up of bacteria and discolouration. In order to keep them as much invisible as possible you must follow a few steps.
- Use Invisalign crystals for soaking the aligners in, instead of damaging them with any harsh chemicals.
- You must brush your teeth prior to putting on aligners if you take any meal or drink and for preventing discolouration and bacteria build-up.
- Rinse aligners after you take them out for avoiding staining.
- Gently brush the aligners by using clear anti-bacterial liquids.
- Keep the aligners in box when you are not using so that you do not lose them.
- Use toothpaste or mouthwash to clean the aligners.
- Avoid drinking dark liquid like coffee, wine and cola with the aligners in, and always brush before you put them back in.
Few tips to look after the invisible braces
These invisible braces are generally fixed like any normal brace, and hence they can’t be cleaned and removed like an Invisalign. Therefore, it is much more important to take care after the teeth and also during your treatment practice oral hygiene, for ensuring best results and no staining of teeth.
- Use fluoride mouthwash for reaching the parts of mouth where your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Buy interdental brushes, for getting behind wire of the brace.
- Avoid eating hard boiled sweets, which can snap wires of the brace.
- Try to avoid, drinking, eating things which may stain the clear braces which include wine, coffee, curry or tomato-based meals.