Owing to ever-increasing awareness about importance of maintaining good oral and dental hygiene; a good number of well-equipped and modern dental clinics and hospitals have come up in Bundoora. In order to provide various dental treatments to patients, highly qualified and experienced dental specialists are employed in these dental clinics where efficient dental treatments are provided such as:
- Oral Surgery
In addition, the most modern dental clinics and hospitals like Bundoora Family Dental Clinic use latest technology to provide highly skilled:
- Maxillo – Facial Prosthesis
- Dental Implant
- Bone Augmentation facilities
- Sleep Apnea
Oral cancer may begin the mouth, tongue or throat and may appear as lumps or abnormal tissue changes in your neck, head, and face and inside the oral cavity. During screening, dentist may observe changes in tissues, sores or white or discolored tissue patches in the mouth.
Common dental procedures
Among most common dental procedures, skilled dentists at Bundoora Family Dental Clinic perform:
- Root Canal- is an endodontic surgical treatment done by an endodontist or dentist in order to treat a diseased or damaged tooth with the tooth root exposed. These exposed dental roots often cause unbearable pain to the patients. Root canal treatment encompasses removal of the inflamed tooth pulp and tooth root beneath to relieve pain and inflammation. Root canal is a surgical procedure that helps save a tooth from extraction.
- Crowns and Caps – performed by a prosthodontic to cover the damaged tooth by decay, following root canal treatment and for badly stained and improperly shaped tooth.
- Bridges and implants – are two different procedures to replace a lost / missing tooth or a greater number of teeth. Bridges consist of two crowns that are created to anchor false teeth in center with neighboring teeth and keep it in place. However, dental implants are artificial roots implanted in dental roots to support replacement teeth. Dental implants made from titanium and titanium alloy are extremely useful for replacing decayed or diseased teeth and also to secure crowns to the jawbone.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth – Wisdom teeth are the last teeth to develop and are known as third molars. These often either do not erupt fully or erupt abnormally and hence can become impacted between gums and jawbone and may affect adjacent teeth. Wisdom tooth extraction is performed by an oral surgeon or a dentist.
- Dentures – are specific prosthetic device to enable patients to have false teeth and perform all the functions of teeth. These are of two types such as Partial and Full and are created by prosthodontics.
- Fillings and Repairs – are immensely useful in treating dental caries in which the caries are not deep enough to reach pulp in roots. Especially caries in the initial stages do not have an involvement of pulp and hence can be filled and repaired with restorative materials.
Besides all these extremely common dental ailments, efficient periodontists treat gum diseases like Gingivitis and Periodontitis. Gingivitis being milder is reversible form whereas periodontal disease is often more severe and need Periodontal surgical treatment.
People also require orthodontic treatment for correcting crowded teeth and other alignment disorders with the help of braces. In addition, people often require Reconstructive and cosmetic surgeries to repair the facial damage due to injuries or improve aesthetics.
Should you require impeccable dental treatment, contact Bundoora Family Dental Clinic for treatment through specialist dentists at reasonable cost.